Navigate to http://www.google.com/analytics
Sign in with your Google account.
You will see a list of Accounts.
Click on [ http://www.yourdomain.com ] – takes you to an Overview of your website
It will take you a “Visitors Overview” with activity on your site.
The “Visitors Overview” summarizes data for you with: Site Usage (Visits, Pageviews, Pages/Visits, Bounce Rate, Avg. Time on Site, % New Visits, Visitors Overview, Map Overlay, Traffic Sources Overview, Content Overview, etc.)
Note: The dates to the right hand corner of each page, you can change this date if you wanted to Export data from specific dates.
Site Usage: (between the specific dates indicated above)
- Visits – Total visits to site
- Pageviews – Total views a page is being loaded by a browser
- Bounce Rate – the percentage of single-page visits or visits in which the person left your site from the entrance (landing) page.
Traffic Sources Overview: (between the specific dates indicate above)
- Referring Sites – what sites they were referred from
- Direct Traffic – when a person directly enters the URL of the page
- Search Engines – what a person typed in to a search engine to find your website
For more glossary definitions: http://www.google.com/support/googleanalytics/bin/topic.py?topic=11285